Monday, December 5, 2011



On the 5th day of my Thailand fishing adventure we travel about an hour from Hua Hin to Cha Am which is noticed for its large population of monster arapaima. The pond is small and we notice numerous large arapaima gulping air when first arriving. Steve hooks into a few smaller arapaima and later in the day hooks into the day's largest at approx 85lbs. Cole and I also hook into smaller arapaima. We all see numerous arapaima over 200lbs surfacing around the pond but cannot get any to bite our baits. Fishing for arapaima is a waiting game as deadbait is casted on the ponds bottom. When arapaima are spotted casts are made directly to them. When I return to Thailand, Cha Am will definately be on my to fish list as I am convinced a 200lbs monster will take my bait on the next trip. We again fish with Julian Fernandez of www.siamfishingtours.com Julian supplies all the lures, bait, plus quality rods and reels.

1 comment: