Saturday, December 13, 2014

Thailand Trip Day 1

Just returned back from a very successful fishing trip to Thailand. I will break down my blog into each day as too many hghtlights to put into one. On November 27 I took a long flight out of O'Hare on Qatar Airlines to Doha. Luckily due to an error in seat assignments, I was upgraded to business class which allowed me to get some needed sleep. Later, I flew from Doha to Bangkok. Once I Bangkok, I took a taxi to the SilQ Hotel which was quite comfortable and near the Bangkok nightlife. Early the next morning John or www.bkkfishingtour.com and his lovely wife picked us up by van to ride us for a day of Barramundi fishing at Boon Ma. Boon Ma is located in the district of Chachengsao and about an hours drive. The barramundi fishing was simple fantastic. Everyone in the group landed over 30 barras up to 25lbs. Barramundi are great fighters and often jumping in an attempt to toss the lure. John provided good Shimano Stella spinning reels and adaquate rods for the awesome battles. The day was extremely hot as I figure over 100F which actually felt great coming from the colds of Chicago. The top lures were floating minnow types such as live targets, rapalas, etc.. We fished over 10hrs with lunch and all soft drinks provided by John. John went out of his way to make sure we got to the fishing grounds before the sun rose to get in on the early bite. From past experiences most operators in Thailand do not provide this excellent service.

No comments:

Post a Comment