Thursday, December 22, 2016

MY EIGHT DAYS OF CHRISTMAS FISHING/ PAPUA NEW GUINEA


In my opinion Papua New Guinea bass are the strongest freshwater on earth pound for pound.  A 40 lbs PNG bass will give you the battle of your life.  A 50+ lbs bass might be impossible to land.  During our visit we flew out of Brisbane, Australia to Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.  Here outfitter, Jason Yip of www.sportfishingpng.net greeted us.  Jason is the only outfitter to have permission from the natives to fish the top rivers in PNG.  Recently, Jason has utilized a large houseboat, the K2O, as base camp to gain access to very remote areas on the Island.  I fished the remote Gulf Providence during my visit.
 Numerous monster PNG bass and barramundi were landed.  In fact, Jason set the IGFA all tackle world record during my stay.  This record was topped recently by one of Jason's clients. PNG has the unworthy reputation of on going tribal warfare and being unsafe.  I found the exact opposite to be fact.  Not once during my stay did I feel unsafe.  I visited numerous villages during a day of fishing and found the natives to be very friendly. I visited a local tribal school of which had a huge ceremony for our visit and presented us with Keys to their Kngdom!  I highly doubt there is another fish on earth which could pull me to my knees such as my 40+ lbs PNG bass did.  I cannot brag about this trip enough.  Do it now before the crowds start to come to PNG.

No comments:

Post a Comment