Saturday, December 29, 2012

2012--GREAT MEMORIES OF GREAT FISHING

2012 was a fantastic year, far exceeding my wildest dreams with monster fish and exciting adventures to new destinations.  The season started in April with a return visit to La Zona for monster golden dorado.  This was my 6th year to this magical fishery.  Here, I have made many friends which will last a lifetime.  Our group shattered the lodge records with 4 dorado over 50lbs and numerous more over 40lbs.  This definately is a place to put on your to fish list!
Towards the end of July, I ventured into the remote Gulf Region of Papua New Guinea to battle the Papuan Balck Bass and barramundi.  Modern civilization have not come to PNG.  Headhunting still takes place in the remote villages up in the mountains.  I found the people of PNG to be very friendly and helpful.  The fishing was fantastic, far exceeding my expectations.  I was fortunate to land a 40lbs PNG bass which is the only fish I have battled with which brought me down to me knees during the strike.  Jason Yip broke the all world IGFA tackle PNG bass during my stay.  This is definately a place to visit before modern civilization sets in as most rivers have never seen a lure.
In September, I fished out of Gary LaRose's Pumice Creek Lodge which is on the Alaska Peninsula.  Here is the best silver salmon on earth.  This was my 24th straight year fishing for silvers on the Peninsula.
Later in September, my Dad and I went to Yellow Lake in Webster, WI for our annual walleye trip.  Fishing was good, but no monster walleyes were landed.
Hopefully 2013 is another exciting year with trips already planned.






Wish everyone a successful/ healthy 2013!
Good fishing, Bob Daly

No comments:

Post a Comment