Sunday, September 23, 2012

ALASKA PENINSULA/ PUMICE CREEK LODGE

For the 24th consectutive year, I had the opportunity to fish for monster silver salmon on the Alaska Peninsula during Sept 7th to 15th. Here, the largest silver salmon in the world swim! 
I fished out of Gary LaRose's Pumice Creek Lodge which is located about an hours flight down the Peninsula from the town of King Salmon.

Gary offers flyouts to either Lava Creek for world class arctic char fishing or to the Cinder River for perhaps the best silver salmon fishing in the world.
The first day we opted to fish Lava Creek for char and all 4 of us landed over 50 char.

The rest of the week we spent fishing silver salmon on the Cinder River. My best day was 93 silvers landed and everyone left with sore arms.

In all, one of the best fishing trips I have taken worldwide. Am heading back next September, so if intersted in joining my group please let  me know.  For more information check out www.garylarose.com

No comments:

Post a Comment