Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Jurassic Lake Lodge/ Argentina Update


 


Jurassic Lake Lodge which is located on Lago Strobel in the remote Patagonia Area of Argentina.  The lodge sits within walking distance of the mouth of the Barrancoso River which is the only significant tributary.  Earlier this week, I was able to talk with lodge owner, Carlos Lopez Casanello.  Carlos says the Lago Strobel area has received the most significant snowfall in the past 20 years which should make this upcoming season the best in many years--if it can get any better than last year in my opinion.  The high water will eventually push tens of thousands of huge rainbows into the river. 
The rainbows here get huge, I would say the average is 12 pounds with daily catches of 50 to 100 rainbows being the norm.  During one's stay I would say they have a 50% chance of landing a trophy rainbow pushing the scales upwards of 20 pounds.


  Last season a few friend and my guides saw the largest rainbow our eyes have seen as we all figured it went over 40 pounds.  So giants are indeed swimming in these virgin waters where clients of Jurassic Lake Lodge has sole access. 


I have also heard rumors that Argentina might resume International and Domestic flights in October.  So, if you are after the largest rainbow of your life get in contact with me and will put you in contact with Jurassic Lake Lodge.


  Openings are rare but am sure there will be select dates open this season due to cancellations( I have a few openings in my group which is scheduled to arrive in early October).  The season at Jurassic runs from October through April with outstanding catches during all dates mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment