Thursday, April 9, 2020

The Chautauqua Bait Company

Recently, while looking for some jointed minnow type lures for a planned trip to Russia for taimen, I came across the Chautauqua Bait Company which is located in Earlville, Illinois.  CTQBait makes a variety of hand crafted, genuine cedar lures.  After browsing through the various lures on their website, www.CTQBAIT.com,
I decided to order a few 8 inch jointed Chautauqua Minnows and the 5 inch Super Shark.  These lures have stainless steel lips which can be bent to vary the depth.  Both lures run down to 8 feet upon casting.  They are made to order and come in some super colors.  I was able to cast both lures at my local lake and both ran better than expected.  I am sure that both of these lures will fool PNG bass and golden dorado which I hopefully will be fishing for quite soon!  The company makes some 11 inch jointed minnows which I plan to also order before my trip this October to La Zona for golden dorado.


No comments:

Post a Comment