Monday, March 2, 2020

Papau New Guinea

The waters around Papua New Guinea are quickly become one of my favorite destinations worldwide.  Having been blessed, I have the opportunity to wet a line in the top fisheries avilable on this earth!  Luke Wyrsta of Rock Expeditons runs fantastic operations in the remote water of PNG for Giant Trevally and others brutes, out in the Sea of Solomon and  the jungles for giant PNG bass.
Luke's trips are for devout anglers who can take care of themselves and do not leave to leave footprints in this "Land That Time Forgot". If isolation is what your looking for, look no further! If your looking for luxury go elsewhere and I guarantee you the fishing experience will not be the same!  I for one am here for the fantastic fishing opportunities and to get back to nature!  If I wanted luxury I would just book a week long stay at a lodge or houseboat where the waters have been pounded by others and the remote experience would not be available!  Plus I would pay thousands more for this so called luxury!  Luke's guides know these waters where you  likely are the first on earth to wet a line.  To my knowledge there are not many remaining spots on this earth that offer this opportunity. 
The waters are countless and you will not see other fisherman during your stay.  The scenery cannot be accurately described by words as the colors of the ocean are astounding.  This was my 4th trip to Papua New Guinea.

The people are extremely nice and go out of their way to lend a hand.
Port Moresby, where you fly into, has numerous 5 star hotels and restaurants.  Luke's number one priority is SAFETY!  Luke teaches all clients the proper means to land these brutes and to set up your tackle.  This for me was priceless as this teaching is not available in the Chicago Area.  I for one, go back year after year to my favorite destinations as evident by fishing the Alaska Peninsula for 30 years.  There are too many ripoff outfitters out there so go with the best!  I for one will be returning to wet a line with Rock Expeditions until my arms tell me no
more! I cannot recommend this trip enough as all should experience this remote fishery!   You can also experience these great Expeditions by contacting Luke Wyrsta of Rock Expeditons for give me a shout.

No comments:

Post a Comment