Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Misima Expeditions/ Giant Trevally/ Rock Expeditions

Luke Wyrsta of Rock Expeditions is perhaps the most knowledgeable Giant Trevally Angler on earth!  Luke offers expeditions in the remote Milne Bay Province with base camp on Misima Island.  His expeditions provide the opportunity for a limited number of adventurous anglers to experience this incredible location.  Exploration is made possible by establishing reef camps on some of the last remaining wild islands in the South Pacific. Anglers need to be highly independent when it comes to managing their own tackle, rigging, comfort and safety in this wild environment.  Expeditions are conducted as a wild reef camp format which is one of the reason I really like this trip.  I like the remoteness of camping under the stars, the opportunity to fish new waters each day, and eating the local menu.  This also helps defray the cost of the trip.  If I wanted luxury, I would be staying a few weeks at the Chicago Hilton!!
  Here, the fishing opportunities are countless.  Monster Giant Trevally, Coral Trout, Dogtooth Tuna, and others await to smash your popper, stickbait, or jig.  In all my fishing experiences, nothing gets my blood boiling as to see a monster GT exploding on my popper. 
In these waters swim my dream fish, the Napoleon Wrasse.  Huge doggies are present and later in the season even Yellowfin Tuna.  Spanish Mackerel literally knock your topwater lure into the sky. Huge Coral Trout and monster barracuda are always waiting to devour your tackle.
Papua New Guinea is a long flight for most, but the experience and memories last a lifetime.  I have fished with Luke the past 2 seasons and give the organization and overall experience 5 stars.  I will be heading back to the land of monster fish on Expedition #4 in late January 2020.  I believe a few openings remain if your arms and shoulders can handle these brutes. 
The people in Papua New Guinea are extremely friendly.  I have never had an issue in 3 trips to one of the last remaining countries where the majority of waters have never seen a lure or matter of fact a human!  Contact Luke here on Facebook or give me a shout for more information on this outstanding opportunity.  Also last season Luke started an operation to chase the Papua New Guinea Bass which is the toughest freshwater fish on earth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment