Sunday, September 23, 2018

Non-Stop Coho Action at Pumice Creek Lodge

Had the opportunity to fish for coho salmon and arctic char out of Pumice Creek Lodge, Alaska during September 8 to 15.  Pumice Creek Lodge is located about 100 miles south of King Salmon on the Alaska Peninsula.  This was my 28th straight year fishing silvers on the Alaska Peninsula.  The fishing was insane.  Huge silvers were landed cast after cast.  I landed a total of 576 silvers for fishing 4 1/2 days--delayed 1 day due to fog!  Fished for arctic char 1 day and landed a total of 102 many of which were in their beautiful spawning colors.  The weather was something I have never seen in this part of the world.
Hot sunny days without the wind howling was the norm each day during my stay.  The temperatures rose to the upper 70s!  I saw an abundance of wildlife including brown bears, moose, caribou, eagles, fox, etc...  I have written about the fantastic fishing here in the past and cannot believe one could catch more salmon elsewhere.  My group was the only fisherman to fish for silvers on the Cinder River all year! Next season perhaps is the last year the lodge will be open for sportfishing, so I cannot recommend it enough.  Get in now while there perhaps are a few openings!  You will experienced the fishing adventure of your dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment