Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Trip Travel Insurance

During my recent trip to PNG, I purchased Trip Cancellation insurance from CSA Travel Protection.  I have always gone back and forth on whether or not it is worthwhile to buy such insurance.  The insurance which I purchased covered such items as Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Emergency Assistance and Transportation, baggage coverage, and many more.  Often when making numerous flight connections such as I had to, a missed connection would be a nightmare!  When travelling in the winter months I am always worried about cancelled flights, delayed flights, etc.  My policy cost me $335.40 which was based on the type of coverage I wanted and the amount I spent on the trip.  Well, the insurance paid off.  While motoring in the ocean, one of my rods/reels/lure went out of the boat and fell into the ocean.  It was impossible to try and recover the items as I slowly watched them disappear into the sea from afar.  When I got home I contacted the insurance company and to my delight I was told the items would be covered under loss baggage.  Luckily I kept the receipt for the reel and rod.  So give Trip Insurance a thought before you venture out into your next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment