Sunday, June 16, 2024

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

 

Many of us, me included, were greatly influenced by their dad.  My dad and mother were great influences on my fishing desire.  My dad jumped from job to job before landing a spot on the Whiting Police Department.  My mom's job was raising my brother and me.  During my young years my mom would take the neighborhood kids fishing to Wolf Lake.  Later when I got a tad older, my dad took me out in his boat for coho salmon out in Lake Michigan.  With limited funds, they still managed to have yearly fishing vacations to places such as Blackduck, MN, Bemidji, MN, Cadillac, MI, and finally to Yellow Lake in Webster, WI.  When my dad reached 20 years of service, he retired and moved to Yellow Lake where we would fish for walleyes.    When I started to work and gather in some funds, I repaid my dad with trips to Great Bear Lake, in the Canadian Far North and a trip to Painter Creek Lodge on the Alaska Peninsula.  The memories were endless.  My mom was the champ of the family with walleye catches of 12, 11, and 10 lbs out of Yellow Lake.  

The importance of bonding with family members, such as your dad goes a long way in life.  Even though time is short, memories are forever.  God took my dad a few years ago.  I still think of him every day especially when I am fishing.  I could never thank him and my mom enough for introducing me to nature.  

So, spend time with your dad before he is called by God.  For young dads, take your kids fishing as goes a long way in life. 

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY,    DAD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment