Monday, October 24, 2022

EL CHALTEN, ARGENTINA

 


During each visit to Argentina, I try to spend at least a week visiting friends and exploring the Country.  During my recent fishing trip to Jurassic Lake Lodge, I spent a few days in El Calafate.  While there, I took a boat tour in Los Glaciers National Park and took a bus tour to the town of El Chalten.  El Chalten is a couple of hours from El Calafate. 

It is located in the Santa Cruz Province and is known as "National Capitol of Trekking".  It is the gateway to trails surrounding the peaks of Cerro Torre & Mount Fitz Roy.  There are roughly 350 residents in El Chalten and more hotels than one can count.  During the tour I hiked up a trail to the top and was rewarded with a fantastic view of the City. 

Next year, I hope to stay a few days in El Chalten and hike the vast trails which surround the mountain peaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment