Tuesday, July 6, 2021

INTERNATIONAL FISHING TACKLESTORES


Whenever I travel Internationally, I always try to arrive a few days earlier to get rid of the jetlag and to see some of the sites.  A top priority is to visit a local tackle store.  Often, these stores have lures which are not available in the United States or have colors I cannot get. Sometimes, if you are on top of prices, the International lures are cheaper than here in the USA.   On my recent trip to Panama, I found a fantastic store, Abernathy Transistmica which is located on Panama Street.  The store was huge as they offer a giant selection on tackle, rods, reels, boat, and camping equipment.  While browsing the tackle, I found Abernathy has a huge selection on Rapala lures.  I bought a few X-Rap Scoop XRSCP-14 , X-Rap Jointed Shad XJS-13 in Pike and Steel Perch coloration, X-Rap Subwalk XRSB-15 in Hot Pike, and Scaled Baitfish, a few Giant Shad Raps in Goldfish, and a few locally made jigs.  All of the Rapala lures were much cheaper than here in the States plus after talking with the owner, he gave me a 10% off all my tackle.  So next time you are in Panama make sure to visit Abernathy Transistmica or make sure to stop by a tackle store on your next International trip and you might be surprised on the lures not sold in the USA.  

No comments:

Post a Comment