Saturday, December 15, 2018

Custom Fishing Rod Sleeves

When I returned from a Giant Trevally fishing trip out of Misima Island in Papua New Guinea earlier this year,  I noticed a few of my rods were scratched most likely from the abuse they receive while motoring to various reefs.  These Nano Carbon based popping rods are a huge cost sometimes pushing the bill in excess of $1000 each!  It make sense to me to find a rod sleeve capable of protecting my investment.  The issue with standard spinning rod sleeves is the diameter to too small to fit over the massive rod eyes found on these popping rods.  Searching the net, I came across a company, RodWarriorUSA.  The company is based out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA and makes custom made rod sleeves out of neoprene.  The rod sleeves come in various colors and custom labels can be added.  The sleeves are made out of 2mm neoprene and covered in fade-resistant fabric custom made to the length of your rod and diameter of the rod's eyes.  Each sleeve has a clear pocket information tag and a cord lock to attach the sleeve securely.  I recently put all my GT rods into each specific sleeve and they look great.  For more info on the rod sleeves give Pete a call at 267-471-6492 or email him at rodsleeves@gmail.com.  You can also find more information on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment