Saturday, December 9, 2017

Spinnerbaits for huge La Zona golden dorado

After spending the past few months gathering tackle for an upcoming trip to Misima Island for GTs, I finally am now concentrating on my rapidly coming trip to La Zona for golden dorado.  I have fished at La Zona since the opening of the area with my largest golden dorado weighing in at 53 lbs.  This year, with the aid of Sparky dorado spinnerbaits and the doradokiller spinnerbaits, I hope to put the magical 60 lbs in the boat!  These are not your normal store bought spinnerbaits as they would bend like a pretzel to the golden dorado arm wrenching strikes.  These heavy duty spinnerbaits are constructed of the heaviest wire possible and extra strong hooks, rings, and swivels.
The Sparky spinnerbaits come in sizes to 2 oz which is my favorite.  They are constructed of  a fixed head with a hook ring on the rear to attach a swing hook.  This is a huge bonus when the dorado leap out of the water to toss the lure.  Various blades are used and my favorite is 2 huge willowblades in either orange or red.  Attached to the ring head is a powerful split ring such as the Wolverine Tackle triple coiled ring or a Owner Hyper Wire ring in size #7.  Then a super strong swivel such as the SPRO heavy swivel or a Shout Powerful BB swivel is attached to the ring.  Then a super strong single hook such as the Gamakatsu Siwash (open eye) size 8/0 is attached.  This year I am going to try out some giant skirts made my Gibbs Delta.   The doradokiller spinnerbaits come with a fixed strong hook and also come in various sizes with different spinner blades and skirts available.  At La Zona we had great success dragging the spinnerbaits while drifting through the numerous rocks and boulders which are away from the Salto Grande dam.  We had success on both the Argentina and Uruguay sides.  I feel the the spinnerbaits will produces in both low and high water conditions.  So, hopefully I am posting a huge 60 lbs golden dorado in a few weeks on these 5 star spinnerbaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment